Sunday, June 27, 2010

Ambition and Betrayal

In a far away village there lived a very ambitious bee. Her name was Vida. Vida dreamed about achieving to be the next leader in their hive. The elder in the hive, Dory, was rather sick and old.

"Dory, I want you to look for someone whom you think would replace you. I need someone who's good just like you," said the Queen Bee. I am much honored to have worked with you, but you need to look after yourself."

"Yes my Queen, as you pleased," answered Dory.

That afternoon, Dory called the bees and told them about her condition and the wish of the Queen.

On the other hand, Vida, being overly ambitious went straight to the Queen and betrayed Dory and the other bees in the hive.

"My Queen, I would like to present myself as someone who's capable of leading my hive. You see, Dory is not good. For the past decade, she did not do her job well. In fact she would always be at the defense of the other bees that is why they could not give you enough honey. "

"Is that so?" asked the queen.

"Actually my Queen, Dory is a ne'er do wall. She's good for nothing. Oftentimes she would procrastinate. I tell you the young Bimbee is stupid, Bambee and Bumbee are stubborn creatures and they should be punished. They're all crap."

Vida pushed herself more. "You see my Queen, I am the best in the hive so I can't wait to replace Dory. Rest assured that whatever is happening in the hive, I shall report to you immediately."

The Queen did not respond. She just looked at her and said, "Go home and reflect. If you want to be the next leader of your hive, remember this... do not step on other bee's toes."

Vida the proud bee immediately left.

The next day, Dory and the other bees in the hive found out about Vida's betrayal. They all avoided her and she was extremely embarrassed about how fool she had become.


"What you see...What you hear..Let it stay here...Is everything clear?

Original story (fable) written June 28, 2010.
Precy Agaton

No comments:

Post a Comment