Sunday, December 12, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love and Reflect

After reading the book 'Eat,Pray, Love' and watching the movie, I have decided to cite the huge beautiful quotes and then try to relate these wonderful and amazing sayings into my own life. I have to make a confession. I saw a little of me in the author's views about life. Her being tough immersed into my whole being because although she was a broken soul, it did not hinder her to explore what's beyond her consciousness, existence and happiness.

***"From the center of my life ,there came a great fountain."
My life is something ordinary though I must say it has its big blows. Part of these blows became the me that I am now. I never imagined though that simple as my life may be, the fountain of happiness and that sense of completeness would emerge. In my youth, I was alone and a loner, but I was happy.I was ready not to get married. I was married with my books and my paper. My poems were my constant companion. The great fountain came when I realized I could give love...when I became a wife and a mother. I live a simple life yet the fountain of happiness which to me is my source of strength shall always pour unceasingly. I have never been this happy. I fervently believe, it's always family. Family is what makes me smile. My family...my great fountain.


***"You were given life; it's your duty (and also your entitlement as a human being) to find something beautiful within life, no matter how slight."
Beauty is something that is not seen by the naked eye. The concept of beauty is something relative. There is always beauty even in 'ugly' things because God did not create ugly things. It's our physical eye that sees what is displeasing to us. The real embodiment of beauty is in nature. Can someone see the beauty in those dried yellow leaves that have fallen on the ground? People won't give a damn because they become a clutter, meaningless, and ugly. But to a poet, it's a beautiful way to enjoy the cycle and color of life. I have many dried leaves in my life, but I have seen even the slightest marvelous beauty it has taught me. The leaves can be a teacher. At the heart of all sweetness is the conviction that there is always positivity found.

*** "If you want to control things in your life so bad, work on the mind".

*** "You are, after all, what you think. Your emotions are the slaves to your thoughts, and you are the slave to your emotions."


No comments:

Post a Comment